Wednesday, March 20

38 weeks!

Here we are.
38 full weeks of pregnancy. Some days I feel like I've been pregnant my whole life and others I can't seem to fathom the fact that I am almost done. 

Today is: March 20, 2013
How far along: 38 weeks
Weight Gain:  About 25lbs as of today!
Baby is the size of: A watermelon! 19-21" and 6-8 lbs. My midwife said she is guessing he is around 7lbs, but she said there is really no way of knowing!
What's going on with the babe: Baby boy could have about an inch of hair! (Which is so fun to think about!) He has a firm grasp, and his organs have matured and are ready for life outside of the womb.
What's going on with the mama: Basically what every woman at 38 weeks of pregnancy would say.. Uncomfortable. Walking, sitting, lying down, it's all the same. Everything hurts and everything feels sore and achy. BUT, I will never be pregnant with THIS little boy again, so I've been praying that God continues to work on my heart these last few weeks and gives me a joyful attitude! 
Baby is a: Boy!
Maternity clothing: Yeah, mostly. Some non-maternity, but very, very little.
Sleep: Is pretty rough these days.. I'm taking whatever I can get!
Movement: Same as always, active little boy!
Cravings/Aversions: Not really..due to the pressure he is putting on my stomach some days I'm still fighting a lot of nausea and or throwing up and I have to be diligent about washing dishes at night because I will still gag and run to the bathroom if I come downstairs and see or smell dirty dishes in the morning! :) Oh, and I guess I'm still eating A LOT of clementines. 
Symptoms:
- Normal aches. Why does it feel like I have ran a half marathon every day??
- Frequent potty breaks. :)
- Pelvic pressure. :) Woah.
- Heartburn.  The worst. I bought another bottle of tums today, just very thankful they do help!
- Fatigue.  Lots of naps these days!
- Difficulty breathing. Some days are very hard, but usually just when I go up the stairs!

I can't believe that these updates will soon be ending and I can start on the baby updates.. as always, I just can't wait to meet you little boy!!

No comments: