Thursday, April 18

being a mama..

I knew things would be different once our sweet boy was born.
I knew I would be changed forever.
I knew that I loved him from the start.
But I had no idea how much joy I would feel the instant they placed him on my chest. 

Right now Tanner Vincent is currently snuggled up with his Daddy and this is the first time I've been on an actual computer since he was born. Even with him being such a good and easy baby this new adjustment is quite the whirlwind. Trying to find time to do anything but take care of him or try to catch a snooze is pretty hard. I'm so thankful for a husband who has been more of a servant to me and Tanner than I could ever express. I would not have survived this last week without Kevin. We have also had tons of help from our family and friends and I am so thankful to them as well. Basically, Tanner has no clue how loved he is and how blessed he is by the greatest support group ever. 

He was born Saturday, April 13th at 9:28 pm. He came into the world wide awake and alert. He loves to be awake and look around and its so fun to see how alert he is.
I really wanted to blog my whole birth story, and I have started to journal it so I don't forget but the more I look at my son the more I realize how he got here really doesn't matter to me. Though I didn't plan to be induced, I didn't plan to get an epidural, and I didn't plan to push for over 2 hours, the journey of that day brought me one of the greatest gifts of my life. The moment they laid that 8lb 2.7oz baby boy on my chest will be a moment I will never forget. Kevin and I were instantly amazed at how our world was turned upside down and being parents has been such a joy.
It's hard, and so exhausting but I've never been more happy to be tired. 

So for now we are just taking one day at a time, getting lots of advice and enjoying every little snuggle we get. I'm not sure I've ever been more amazed at the glory of our God and am so thankful to Him for this incredible blessing. I can't even believe that the little guy on my husbands lap was the one who was growing in my belly for over 41 weeks. 

Thank you for all the well wishes and support, we are so blessed by all of you!




2 comments:

Terri Baehr said...

Being a mother is one of the most rewarding jobs in this grand world of ours, it is also one of the hardest. What a wonderful and beautiful time for you guys.

SooksorSnooks said...

Love this! Great entry!