Tuesday, January 29

31 weeks

I told myself once I hit 30 weeks I would do weekly updates. It helps the weeks go by and keeps me focused on only 1 week at a time, instead of constantly looking ahead till April.
:)
So my baby boy, here is what is going on with you and me this week!

Today is: January 29, 2013

How far along: 31 weeks

Total weight gain: 16 pounds

Baby is the size of: About 16 inches long and weighs close to 4 pounds!

What's going on with the babe:  My little firecracker is heading into a growth spurt and is now turning his head from side to side. His sweet little arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as fat starts to build up under his skin! 

What's going on with the mama: Pretty much the same with lots of braxton hicks and tons of achy muscles!

Baby is a: Boy!

Maternity clothing: Yeah, mostly. Some non-maternity in larger sizes.

Sleep: Still just depends on the night but not much sleep these days! 

Movement:So many big movements, and I want to be able to remember how active my little guy was. His grandparents call him the little firecracker because most days it feels like there is fireworks going off in my belly. He has been jabbing me all over and even though I would like to sleep, I can't complain because its very comforting to know he is there!
 
Cravings/Aversions: Pretty much the same..give me carbs, fruit and cereal..but please no chicken!
 
Symptoms:
- Sciatic nerve pain.   Just one day this week otherwise none!
- Aches.  All over.
- Fatigue.  All day.
- Frequent potty breaks.  :)
- Some pressure.  Not as bad as last week but he is still making sure I know hes there!
- Braxton Hicks contractions.  The. weirdest. feeling. ever. At least 3 to 4 times this week!
- Shortness of breath. Only when I go up and down stairs.
- Leg cramps.  Have had some pretty bad cramps the last two mornings and yikes, they are awful.
-Heart Burn:   Almost every night..thankfully none right now though! :) 

At my 30 week appointment everything looked really good. Baby boy was head down and very low from what my midwife could tell but everyone looked happy and healthy! She said for as sick as I've been and as miserable as I feel most days I really am the "perfect" pregnant person with great blood pressure and a healthy little boy! She reminded me that I am on the home stretch and to enjoy it as much as possible.
I'm doing my best to enjoy him right where he is but I am still so anxious to hold him. I can't wait to see his handsome little face! 
We love you baby boy!

2 comments:

Terri Baehr said...

Love, love, love it. How exciting. Can't wait to see what the Lord has in His plan for this little man.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you. It made me feel better to know when that time came that the baby would probably be ok if she were born early, but every week probably means that he will be that much healthier and ready to take on this world. He is going to be such a sweet little boy. (I guess unless kevin's family has some "bad" blood. Everyone in our family is good, of course, except Popeye (just kidding).