Tuesday, August 28

9 weeks!


Though I haven't done any posts on pregnancy updates yet I figured why not start now! :) Just a little fun and I think it will be great to look back one day!



Today is:
August 28th 2012


How far along: 9 weeks

Total weight gain: 4 pounds.. :/

Baby is the size of: A grape, 1" and about 0.7 oz.

What's going on with the babe: Lots going on this week! Baby is no longer an embryo, but is now a fetus! Essential body parts are accounted for. This week, baby's heart finishes dividing into the four chambers, and the valves start to form, as do his/her tiny teeth! Organs, muscles and nerves are kicking into gear. External sex organs are there, but wouldn't be distinguishable for a few weeks, yet. Eyes are fully formed, and eyelids are fused shut until about 27 weeks. Baby has tiny earlobes, and the mouth, nose and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough to take over now. So much happening and its just amazing!

What's going on with the mama: My tummy is starting to feel hard and I actually feel more pregnant then just "bloated".. pretty exciting.


Baby is a: Boy or a girl. Long ways to go till we can find out!

Maternity clothing: So far I've just worn some maternity leggings my mom got me..they were so comfortable and I think it won't be long before I need some new jeans!

Sleep: This week hasn't been bad...getting up once a night to pee, my dreams are getting a little crazy which wake me up once and awhile but overall not bad!

Movement: It's happening, but it's too soon to feel it, yet.

Cravings/Aversions:  Still too sick to have a lot of cravings but when I'm feeling ok and the zofran is working well I do seem to mostly crave salty items such as chips or chex mix. Chips and salsa always sounds good but it has given me a little heartburn so I might try to watch that!

Symptoms:
- Energy is slowly fading..last week I didn't notice a huge difference but this week I'm noticing how exhausted I feel.
- Nausea. Zofran is still helping, for the most part. I feel worst in the morning, and sometimes the medication doesn't help but overall as long as I take Zofran I am able to do ok.
- Bloating. Finally fading some..turning into a baby bump and not so much bloating!
- Metallic taste. One symptom I haven't really noticed..I don't know if I'm too nausea to notice or if I just don't have it..either way, I'm ok not noticing it!


The best moment(s) of this past week:
- Getting closer to our first appt and having a few better days where I don't feel so sick!

I'm looking forward to:
My first "OB" appointment with Kevin! :)


Overall this pregnancy has been very difficult but I'm just so thankful for this little life inside of me. Trying to remain joyful and focus on the good parts! Thanking God for being the creator!

1 comment:

BGH said...

Love your update. It's so fun hearing an update. Hopefully your pregnancy gets lots better because it can be a super fun time.