Monday, June 7

June 7th 2010

June 7th.  I can't believe it is ALREADY June 7th....I know Summer hasn't even started but before we know it will be August and I'll be starting school again!
I haven't sat down and blogged in a while and now I've been doing some remodeling on the blog, so tonight I told myself I was going to sit down and type. I've had so much on my mind lately and it's time I release some of it.

I've titled my my Through His Eyes because I've noticed how little I try to see things through God's eyes. I get so caught up in my little, puny life that it becomes all about me. I get worked up, stressed out, worried, grumpy, and fall into the whirlwind of sin that blinds me from viewing this life the way God sees it. If I could only see things through His eyes than maybe I could put things into perspective. About two weeks ago I was reading my Bible and God showed me that through His Word we HAVE that chance, to see things through His eyes. I was amazed, here I am..getting so caught up in myself when God has already given me all that I need through His word. I'm ashamed to admit that I honestly don't read my Bible enough. Sure, I read scripture every day one way or the other but lately I've noticed how little I actually spend with my Savior. It breaks my heart, because I see how it effects everyone around me.

"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?"
Psalm 8: 3 & 4

When I stop and read that verse, I mean really read that verse..I'm almost brought to tears. Through all my mistakes and failures in this world God, who is so huge and mighty, has chosen to relate to MY life. He loves me so much He is Mindful of ME..the creator of the universe actually thinks about me, and not only that but He wants to have a relationship with me.
If I could only remember that every second of every day I would live a life of humble and complete thankfulness to my Lord.

He is so good to us.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a Beautiful post!! Such a blessing to see His work in your life, Lacey! And such a great reminder to me as well, thanks so much for sharing!