Monday, November 2

Tomorrow is a New Day!

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor. 12: 9 and 10

I have posted this verse before but these last couple days it has had SO much meaning. As most of you know, I drove from Texas to Wisconsin with Kevin last week to surprise my family and friends. It was a great reunion and I LOVED seeing so many people I'm close too. It was also bittersweet because on Sat. night I said goodbye to Kevin. He will be gone for many months and it was heartbreaking to see him pull out of my driveway. Then I began a crazy week, one I didn't see coming. Wednesday night I started to feel very ill, my body ached and I had the chills. When Thursday rolled around I was feeling pretty down but I was hoping it was just a cold. By late Thursday night I was starting to realize that I was VERY wrong, I spent most of the night in the bathroom and by that morning felt like I had been hit by a MACK truck. My entire body was overwhelmed with pain and that was the beginning of three miserable days in bed. I was treated for the H1N1 virus and after being sick for 5 days I'm sure that's what I had. It is now Monday and I can praise the Father in Heaven because I finally feel a little better. I still slept for most of the day but my body and mind feel much better.
During all of this time, Kevin flew out to Kuwait, and my good friend was in a horrible car accident killing a young boy and putting my in the hospital. These horrible string of events shook my world a little and the world of others around me. My dear friend is still in critical condition as they have him in a self-induced coma to help his body heal. During these last couple days I've learned once again how desperately we need Jesus in our lives. How thankful I am for His grace and how incredible Him dying on the cross really is, for without it we would be just lost sinners walking the world blind with no answer. Now we can be free, and have the Word to rely on. So even in this hard time of my life, and the hard time of my friends, and my boyfriend. I know that His grace is sufficient. I have this verse posted all over my blog but I don't think you can ever read it enough.
Thank-you God for sending your son to die for me.

I'm not sure when I'll be going back to Texas, I'm hoping this upcoming weekend I'll be well enough to travel again. I'm missing everyone in the South and praying they are staying well. :)

I love you all. Hug your family a little longer tonight, you never know what God has in store.

1 comment:

Kayla Sue said...

hang in there Lacey!
you're such a strong person and I know that whatever happens your feet are planted on solid ground.
Glad you're feeling better :]