Wednesday, November 18

Hug someone you love today!

Three weeks ago two 17 year old boys got in a serious car accident. The driver failed to stop at a stop sign causing them to hit a 46 year old man in a truck. The driver died instantly, leaving a family short one member and a high school missing their friend. My good friend Jordan was flown to the hospital with critical injuries. This terrible accident has been a testimony to me to how quickly life can change. Through these last 3 weeks I have watched as God has worked in the lives of everyone around and in this horrible situation, He has been our light. Jordan has laid in the hospital bed fighting for his life while a family of believers have come together to support the Lysaghts. What a family we have in Christ! God has used this time to remind me that all we have is Him, our Lord and Savior. What a blessing to have our brothers and sisters in Christ lifting us in prayer. My heart is breaking as this family walks through such a dark storm but how encouraged I've been to watch how special our "family" is. It has been such a blessing to see how amazing it will be to spend an eternity with my "family" in Christ.
Jordan has touched many lives and he will be amazed with all the support he's been getting.
If God chooses to take him home, he will be greatly missed. But, we have great hope and comfort in the fact that we will see him again. He will stand before God and hear, "Welcome home good and faithful servant"!! I love you Jordan Marshal Lysaght! And either here on earth or in Heaven, we will see each other again!

Life can change in an instant and it's sad that it takes losing a friend and a bad accident for us to look at life differently. To all my "family": I love you! And I look forward to the day when we can spend an Eternity With Jesus Together!

For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
Romans 15:4 and 5

No comments: