Wednesday, November 11

The Everlasting God

Isaiah 40: 28-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary. And his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


As I sit here pondering life, my mind is a million places. I’ve been repeating this verse over in my head for many hours praying to my Father in Heaven. We went to the hospital yesterday and my friend who was in the serious car accident is in critical condition. His injuries are severe and the doctors aren’t expecting him to make it. At this point it would take a miracle to have my friend up and healthy again. My faith in God knows that He can produce such a miracle, I have no doubt that all things are in the hand of God and He takes care of His children. Though this calms my spirit, it sadly doesn’t stop my flesh from hurting. The Lysaghts are dear friends and have had a big part in helping me become the woman I am today. My heart breaks for them, and it is times like these where life doesn’t make sense and all we can do is trust and have faith. This is so much easier said than done.
It’s hard not to ask why? Of course we know the answer is sometimes simple, we live in a sinful world and we will always face adversities. As I watch my friends go through such a difficult time in their life I can only count down the days till we can all be in Heaven some day. No more tears, no more car accidents, no more pain. At this time in my life, this day seems not only beautiful, but it gives me hope. We will always face pain and heartache on this earth, because we are not yet with our Father but one day, we will kneel at the feet of Jesus and feel full and complete joy. All I can do now is to keep praying, to remember that MY GOD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of earth and if I put my hope in Him I will be able to make it through one more day. Jordan is lying in a hospital bed right now and his family is facing some of the deepest pain they may ever feel but I can still rejoice knowing that MY GOD will comfort them and carry them through this time. God will renew their strength and even through this painful time they will soar on wings like eagles.

“We should not only understand the importance of our waiting on God but also realize something even more wonderful- The Lord waits on us. And the very thought of His waiting on us will give us a renewed motivation and inspiration to "wait for Him". It also should provide inexpressible confidence that our waiting will NEVER be in VAIN! “

-I wrote that many months ago and found in it in my journal. Though the waiting can be painful,
I am full of hope knowing that our waiting is never in vain and that our Lord is waiting to take care of us.

Thank you Lord for such promises, your love endures forever.

No comments: