Wednesday, May 15

1 Month



So I realize I'm a few days late but better that than never, right?1? 

Our tiny, squishy little baby is 1 month old. What? I can hardly believe it.


Weight:10. 2oz (As of Monday)
Height: 21"


  All in all, I think Tanner is doing really well. He is still getting up every 2 to 3 hours to eat but thankfully at night he goes right back to sleep after he nurses. Usually I am up with him 40 minutes max before setting him back in his crib. During the day is a different story, he has been spending more and more time being awake but still takes at least one short nap after each feeding. I was hoping he would start going longer between feedings at night but I guess he is a hungry boy!






Things we want to remember from month 1:



This boy smiles all day long. 
From the time I get him in the morning till the time I lay him down at night he gives us the biggest grins.
It is by far one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

He loves the fan.
 As in Kevin and I take turns standing underneath it just so he can tilt his head back and stare, and stare and stare..really people, he loves it.

He is completely outgrown all newborn clothes and is in size 1 diapers.
He is growing so fast.

His belly button is STILL not healed, this kid has seen the doctor more in his 1 month than I think I did through my whole pregnancy.
Thankfully the surgeon thinks it is almost healed and we are praying he won't need surgery! 

He is very hot blooded, if you swaddle him too tight or try to contain his arms he gets very angry.
Being in a onsie and a light blanket is his favorite. 





He had his first bottle on Mother's Day, it is nice to know that other people can feed him too.





His favorite way to be snuggled is right up on your chest.






He loves to look at everything.
 He is so alert and always wants to know what is going on.










Since we had to make the icky trip to Madison to visit the surgeon we decided to celebrate his 1 month birthday by picking up Aunt Ellen and going to the zoo. As you can see he wasn't impressed.




Tanner  has changed our life. 
Kevin and I can't imagine what we ever did without him and we both feel so honored to be his parents. 
This last month has been one of the hardest and exhausting of my entire life, but it has also been filled with more joy than I can write in words. 
Watching our families fall in love with him has been so fun, this little boy is blessed far more than he knows!

1 comment:

JKHart said...

Beautifully written, Lacey. A+