Tuesday, March 6

He is in our Midst.

"The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17


I know, two blog posts in the same week?? Crazy huh?
I just had to pop in and tell you all a little story. I'm going to make it quick because I still have things to get done before bed and I'm wiped.

Today on my way to work, a routine that has become like clockwork, I sat in my little car and watched as numerous cars were just zooming right by me. I looked down to check my speed and realized I was even going almost 5 miles over the speed limit. I chuckled to myself as I watched these cars who must have been in such a hurry.  I started to pray and asked God to help me slow down and enjoy life more. As I started to drive over the bridge I looked over at the lake and saw a Bald Eagle flying beautifully next to the multiple cars and construction. I could hardly believe it, what a rare and amazing thing to witness. What really made me think was watching all these cars speeding by me never once taking a second to look. They missed the Eagle because they weren't paying attention. I realize this might sound silly, and that's okay because I think God was mostly trying to teach me a little lesson (like He usually does) about how much He blesses us and how much I must miss because I'm too busy to even see.

I know life gets busy, and we can't control everything, but what a treasure it is when we slow down enough to see the simple blessings God sends our way. That Eagle brightened my day this morning, and how sad that could have been if I was too busy to even notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God answered your prayer to slow down and gave you a little bonus blessing right then. I am so glad you enjoy God's creation.